In this episode, Christian and Lianne make due with Joe while he recovers from a “honeymoon injury”. It’s three interviews with ex-religious folks who have some beautiful, uplifting stories about their experiences leaving religion.
Spoiler Alert: They get kinda fucked up because… “something something” the church sucks.
Also in this episode:
- Is hockey the church we all need?
- Was it super cool to be a Nurse Practitioner during COVID?
- Is the most fucked up teaching in the church the lesson you teach yourself?
- How did Joe actually injure himself on the most romantic day of his life?
- Which sex position should he have tried instead?
Questions we asked our interviewees:
- When/why did you leave the church?
- What do you miss most?
- What have you gained since leaving?
- What is the most batshit sermon/teaching you remember?
- Is there a piece of religious media you still look on fondly?